A New Year is So Very Close
Are we all a little over hearing the cliché or trite New Years Resolution motivational stuff all over social media? I am. So I’m not going to do that to you. Here are my New Years thoughts:
Decide to leave some stuff behind.
1) If someone wronged you, forgive them, cut them out of your life and move on, or forgive and move forward with them. Either way, resolve to forgive. Do either with a clear heart.
2) If someone is angry with you, that’s ok. Its their anger, not yours. Exhale and let them keep it.
3) If you truly wronged someone, first off – decide to forgive yourself. Then apologize. If they accept, brilliant. If then do not accept – see #1 and 2
As far as adding/lifestyle changes go.
1) Create just a few resolutions. Too many and it’ll all be too much. Choose the top one, two or three things you’d like to add to your life. Write them down. I have often found that one or two good decisions will eventually lead you towards more good decisions. Start slow and magic just seems to happen.
2) Keep that note somewhere that you will see it throughout the year. On your fridge, bedroom headboard or your desk at work.
3) Make the resolutions have a good reason. So tag a reason why “I will quit sugar so I don’t get diabetes or diarrhea (its shocking what you can do to avoid pooping your pants).
You have 14 hours to make your tiny little list and get it posted in your chosen spot. The countdown is on. Be safe. Love your people and Happy New Year. 2019 is going to be brilliant.
Dana Smith DO(MP)
**As always, I love to hear your thoughts and invite feedback.